Unique Awards In The Open Water Swimming World, Part 17
The Bermuda Four Corners Challenge is a series of 4-mile swims in Bermuda that are held without safety boats, buoys or route markers in scenic, but less commonly swum, parts of Bermuda that was created by Mike Cash.
The four courses represent each of the four ‘corners’ of Bermuda around the northeast, northwest, southeast and southwest parts of the island, with two routes swum each year (one on Saturday and one on Sunday).
The swims start and finish at the waterline on local beaches and the only marker buoy is at the finish of each route.
Each Fair or Foul Four Miler represents an individual 4-mile course offering beautiful scenery, but with more risk compared to be a swim in an enclosed body of water. A swimmer who completes all four of the Fair or Foul Four Milers is deemed to have completed the Bermuda Four Corners Challenge.
For more information about the Four Corners, visit here.
The event offers a unique award that easily takes its place among the other unusually creative awards in the open water swimming world:
* Belt buckles at the SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona, USA: see here
* Conch tropies at the Race For The Conch Eco-SeaSwim in Turks & Caicos: see here
* Walking sticks and woodals at the Kingdom Swim in Vermont: see here
* Paper crown for Ice Kilometers swimmers at the International Ice Swimmiing Association Ireland National Championships: see here
* For Triple Crowners (English Channel + Catalina Channel + Around Manhattan Island): see here
* MSF Spork + MSF Navigator Award from the Marathon Swimmers Federation: see here
* Cherrywood plaque for South End Rowing Club members for their North Channel crossing: see here
* For H20PLAY Swim Series winners: see here
* For 2-way North Channel relay from Northern Ireland to Scotland and back to Northern Ireland: see here
* For Hawaiian Christmas Looong Distance Invitational Rough-H2O Swim finishers on Oahu: see here
* For finishers of the Nevis to St. Kitts Cross-Channel Swim: see here
* English Channel award for Shubham Vanmali: see here
* Unique fish awards at the Los Cabos Open Water Challenge: see here.
* Rhinoceros trophy for the 8 Mile Charity Club at the Midmar Mile: see here.
* North Channel crossing by the Irish Long Distance Swimming Association: see here.
* Gaston Memorial Swim awards: see here.
Copyright © 2008 – 2019 by World Open Water Swimming Association