After a successful inaugural edition in 2012, Marlén González López announced the MARNATON eDreams Cup 2013 in Formentera, Spain. MARNATON is a project and brand created by Miguel Rahola together with Mirentxu Vignau and a host of other open water swimming collaborators in the Catalonia region of Spain. MARNATON is a combination of three Spanish words: MAR (sea) + NATACIÓN (swimming) + MARATHON.
Since 2008 Marnaton’s objective has been to promote marathon swimming with a special focus on safety, the environment and creating a family atmosphere, thus promoting a healthier lifestyle, and respect for the environment. The MARNATON eDreams Cup 2013 consists of 6 races, starting on June 1st:
1. 4.5 km La Luna crossings on 1 June in Calong along the Cala Cristus
2. 1.2 km MARNATON eDreams La Luna I
3. 6 m MARNATON eDreams Sant Feliu de Guíxols II between Canyet and Sant Feliu at the end of June
4. 6.5 km MARNATON eDreams Cap de Creus – Cadaqués VI, along the coastline of Alt Empordà, from Cala Jugadora to Platja Gran
5. 11 km MARNATON eDreams Formentera (Espalmador) I on the island of Formentera
6. 4 km MARNATON eDreams Formentera (es Pas) I around Formentera’s coastline
For more information, visit here.
Copyright © 2013 by Open Water Swimming